Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chicken Curry, Calories

Thunderbird - with Stationary for consistent font in HTML e-mails provide

At about HTML vs.. Plain text e-mails a divorce you know, the ghosts, I want the pros and cons of both options by now chew a long time. I prefer plain text, whenever possible, sometimes HTML e-mails but are essential or of concrete benefit:

  • my employer wants to do with e-mails that go to the customer
  • illustrated instructions by e-mail will stop only with HTML

Now to the actual topic: my favorite e-mail program Thunderbird behaves quite stupid when it comes to fonts in HTML e-mails. The font I want to use Arial and have it set accordingly in the options:

image

If I eintippe when composing a message, something that the text appears in Arial, but when I insert a bulleted or numbered list changes font:

image

image

The same problem also when inserting screenshots the clipboard to the screen shot changes the font:

image

As you can see in the Mozilla bug tracker , the error has been known since 2004 and not until now been fixed. Note the helpful for me I found in No. 145 comment on the bug, I've installed the addon Stationary me an HTML file the following content ...

\u0026lt;div bgcolor = "# ffffff" text = "# 333333"
style = "font-family: Arial font-size: 10pt">
\u0026lt;span id="_AthCaret"> \u0026lt;-! initial placement cursor -> cursor \u0026lt;/ span>
\u0026lt;br>
\u0026lt;/ div>

... creates and stores these in the Stationary-options as a template:

image

From now on the font messed up any more if one inserts bullets or screenshots in emails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment